Head: Valentine P. Ananikov, Associate Member of Russ. Acad. Scis. (e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +7 (499)135-9079)
PhD in Chemistry
Professor of Lomonosov Moscow State University (MGU)
Professor of University of Chemical Technology of Russia (MUCTR)
Laboratory Head of Saint Petersburg State University (SPBU) (a megagrant)
After university graduation in 1996, Valentine P. Ananikov entered the PhD school in N.D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry of RAS (Moscow). In 1999, he defended a PhD thesis and, in 2003 – a DSc thesis and was awarded a DSc degree in Chemistry at the age of 28. In 2008, at age of 33, he was elected an Associate Member of Russian Academy of Sciences, at the time of election being its youngest member. Dr. Ananikov was a member of the Council for Science and Education under the RF President in 2012-2013.
Prof. Ananikov repeatedly had training and was on study tours in leading foreign research centers and was invited as a guest and plenary speaker to many international conferences. His papers have been published in prestigious international journals with a high impact factor.
Yu. Liebig Award granted by the German Chemical Society for Excellence in Organic Chemistry, Germany, 2010.
Balandin Award - for Excellence in Catalysis, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 2010.
Russian Federation National Prize for Young Scientists awarded for outstanding work in science and technology (by the Decree of the RF President as of August 13, 2004).
Grant of the President of Russia for Young Scientists, 2009 (Council for Grants under the RF President).
Laureate of the Russian Science Support Foundation’s program “Outstanding Scientists - Doctors of Sciences of RAS”, 2005.
Medal of Russian Academy of Sciences with the prize for young scientists, 2000.
Membership in Editorial Boards:
Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis (Germany): Academic Advisory Board
Organometallics (USA): International Advisory Board
Chemistry – An Asian Journal (Germany): International Advisory Board
ChemistryOpen (Germany): International Advisory Board
Russian Chemical Reviews: Deputy Editor-in-Chief
Mendeleev Communications: Editorial Board
How do molecules live and chemical reactions run?
The laboratory of V.P. Ananikov, an Associate Member of RAS, has launched a pioneering interdisciplinary research project “Molecular Complexity and Transformations”. Research interests: catalysis, organic synthesis, nanotechnology, graphene, photochemistry, molecular modelling, and organic and physical chemistry.
A Laboratory’s focus is to provide a comprehensive methodology of experimental and theoretical studies of catalytic functionalization of organic molecules and new methods in organic chemistry.
The effective application of the processes under research is associated with the fine organic synthesis - an area that has a remarkable history in Russia. The contribution of national science into this area has been globally recognized due to eminent schientists such as A.E. Favorsky, N.D. Zelinsky, M.G. Kucherov, and I.N. Nazarov. Currently, this field stands among quite a few areas of chemistry that retain high quality of research and international priority of Russian science.
During the visit, a working meeting was held where issues related to modern research and academic programs for under- and post-graduates were discussed.
- Cover picture of ”Journal of the American Chemical Society”. The paper was published under the title “Efficient General Procedure to Access a Diversity of Gold(0) Particles and Gold(I) Phosphine Complexes from a Simple HAuCl4 Source. Localization of Homogeneous/Heterogeneous System’s Interface and Field-Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy Study”. The authors are S.S. Zalessky, A.E Sedykh, A.S. Kashin, and V.P. Ananikov. Laboratory of Metal-Complex and Nanoscale Catalysts.
- Cover picture of ”Chemical Reviews” . The paper was published under the title “Miniaturization of NMR Systems: Desktop Spectrometers, Microcoil Spectroscopy, and "NMR on a Chip" for Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Industry”. The authors: S. Zalessky, E. Danieli, B. Blumich, and V. Ananikov. Laboratory of Metal-Complex and Nanoscale Catalysts.
- Cover picture of “Organometallics”.The paper’s title “Toward the Ideal Catalyst: From Atomic Centers to a “Cocktail” of Catalysts The authors: V. Ananikov and I. Beletskaya.
- Coverpicture of ”Chemical Reviews”. The paper’s title “Characterization of Molecular Systems and Monitoring of Chemical Reactions in Ionic Liquids by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy“. The author – V. Ananikov.
- Cover picture of ”Chemistry – A European Journal”. The paper’s title “Catalytic Hydrofunctionalization of Alkynes through PH Bond Addition: The Unique Role of Orientation and Properties of the Phosphorus Group in the Insertion Step”. The authors: V. Ananikov, А. Makarov, and I. Beletskaya
- Cover picture of “Chemical Reviews”. The paper’s title “Transition-Metal-Catalyzed C−S, C−Se, and C−Te Bond Formation via Cross-Coupling and Atom-Economic Addition Reactions” The authors: I. Beletskaya and V. Ananikov.
· Cover picture of ”Chemistry – A European Journal”. The paper’s title “Two Distinct Mechanisms of Alkyne Insertion into the Metal–Sulfur Bond: Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study and Application in Catalysis”. The authors: V. Ananikov, К. Gaiduk, N. Orlov, I. Beletskaya, V. Khrustalev, and М. Antipin.
- Cover picture of ”Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis”. The paper’s title “Acid-Free Nickel Catalyst for Stereo- and Regioselective Hydrophosphorylation of Alkynes: Synthetic Procedure and Combined Experimental and Theoretical Mechanistic Study”. The authors: V. Ananikov, L. Khemchian, I. Beletskaya, and Z. Starikova.
- Cover picture of “Mendeleev Communications”. The paper’s title “Mechanistic insight into organic and catalytic reactions by joint studies using mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy”.The authors: P. Beliakov, V. Kadentsev, А. Chizhov, N. Kolotyrkina, А. Shashkov, and V. Ananikov.
- Cover picture of “European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry”. The paper’s title “Catalyst Leaching Leading to New Catalytic Reactions – the Synthesis of Cyclic Vinyl Sulfides and Vinyl Selenides”. The authors: V. Ananikov, К. Gaiduk, I. Beletskaya, V. Khrustalev, and М. Antipin.
- Cover picture of “European Journal of Organic Chemistry”. The paper’s title “Unusual Influence of the Structures of Transition Metal Complexes on Catalytic C–S and C–Se Bond Formation Under Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Conditions”. The authors: I. Beletskaya and V. Ananikov.
Complete list of publications: http://AnanikovLab.ru/